Uterosacral Ligament Suspension Demonstration:
Dr. Elizabeth Coronado performs a Uterosacral Ligament Suspension.
Uterosacral Ligament suspension is used to treat uterine prolapse and vaginal prolapse.
Uterosacral ligament suspension restores the support to the uterus and/or to the vaginal vault.
During this specialized robotic procedure, Dr. Coronado walks you through the steps:
- Uterosacral ligament suspension provides vaginal vault support after robotic hysterectomy done for prolapse.
- Use 2-0 Ethibond on a CT 2 needle x 2, cut 6 inches long
- Steps for both sides:
- Identify ureter
- Place suture 2cm from cuff around and through utero-sacral ligament, tie stay-knot
- Place through utero-sacral at cuff and supportive cuff facia both posterior and anteriorly without entering the vagina.
- Tie 6 knots with support from assistant because it is very slippery.
- Do cystoscopy at end of all cases to ensure strong ureteral jets seen bilaterally.